- View New Content
- UK Places To Go
- Events' Calendar
- Big Days Out
- National Sports
British Naturism (BN) is the UK's internationally-recognised organisation for Naturists in the UK. We are a membership organisation and provide a variety of services for our members and others as well as working to promote Naturism and campaign against threats to our lifestyle.
The organisation is run and managed by volunteers, supported by a few paid staff, plus consultants for specific tasks. As we approach our 50th birthday, the future is bright with plenty of great things going on, and - despite prudish attitudes to the human body still being around - Naturism as an activity for everyone is widely understood, accepted and practiced - a survey conducted by Ipsos Mori in the autumn of 2011 found that there are 3.7 million Naturists in the UK.
We are self-funding, earning most of our revenue from membership fees, plus donations, sales of items in our shop and commissions from venues at certain events. Occasionally we obtain grants from the International Naturist Federation to whom we are affiliated.
We have over 10,000 members including in excess of 100 Naturist clubs, swims and other venues in the UK.
What does BN do?
Our work and activity falls into our 4 Areas of Action:
- COMMUNITY - bringing naturists together - both individuals and groups.
- INFORMATION - providing a point of contact, and a place where information can be gathered, used and disseminated.
- CAMPAIGNING - all that we do in promoting and protecting naturism.
- STANDARDS - maintaining the integrity and serving the best interests of naturism.
- The fantastic events we run in brilliant locations
- Our full-colour quarterly magazine
- Our Online Community with discussion, news, views, downloads, chat, pictures and information
- The feeling of being part of a vibrant community and socialising with other Naturists
- Knowing that the support of an organisation is there should they need it
- The mass of information we provide about events, holidays, people and places and what's happening in Naturism around the world
- How we challenge prejudice and discrimination and stand up for ourselves in the face of criticism or misunderstanding, especially from authority figures
The State of the Nation
29 Jun 2012 04:42 PM
It’s eight years since I took on this role and a lot has changed. We had a good, strong foundation based on a long history to work from and hard-working people, but members and others often questio...
Could you be a Donate-urist?
08 Mar 2012 02:24 PM
As a membership organisation run by volunteers, BN relies on your subscriptions to be able to provide services to members and to do all our work in Campaigning for and promoting our wonderful world...
Our Three Year Plan
07 Jan 2012 02:31 PM
Within the EC, we've always had a pretty good idea of what we're doing and where we're going, but know that we don't often communicate it as well as we might. There are also loads o...
British Naturism's Aims
19 Dec 2011 04:02 PM
We will work for greater acceptance of naturism, with more places – private and public – available for our use We will provide social and networking opportunities, information and assistance We w...