Nudefest is back!
Nudefest 2019 sponsored by Bare Necessities Travel will again be held at Thorney Lakes Caravan and Camping Park, Muchelney, Langport, Somerset (TA10 0DW) from Tuesday 9th July until Monday 15th July. The large rural site will be completely clothes free from 1700hrs on the Monday which gives early birds time to strip off and catch up with friends prior to the official opening at 1500hrs on Tuesday. Between these times the South West Region's Nudefest Team will be setting up plus organising a press and media morning so facilities may be limited, but we will do our best to ensure we are up and running as soon as possible.
Planning for Nudefest 2019 is well under way. Marquees, toilets, tables and chairs are booked. The Firewalking which should have taken place in 2018 will happen in 2019. The 5/10K run is scheduled for the Saturday again. As @nigel.pinkstone said in another thread "One thing we have booked is a VR firm with two consoles for the Saturday, this is a virtual reality game (you wear googles and it gives you the impression of it being real) and we have a couple of nasty games planned, think spiders crawling over you or walking the Plank from the top of a sky scraper........ " The bare bones of a plan are in place and these will be fleshed out over the coming months.
International visitors are particularly welcome at Nudefest and INF-FNI card holders receive discounted rates. Bristol International airport is a short journey away with bus connections to the nearby village of Curry Rivel via Taunton. The South West Region's Nudefest Team will then, if notified in advance, arrange collection from Curry Rivel.
The Nudefest camp site at Thorney Lakes consists of two main camping areas Orchard (previously Village, right of entrance) and Greenfield (previously Quiet, left of entrance). At the far end is Willow Field, a huge area of open space (was called the Rally field, with a large toilet trailer) and the place if you wish to pitch with friends. British Naturism will be hiring in extra luxury toilets and showers (yes, even more than 2018 - including toilets for the Willow Field which can be used when the generators are turned off) to complement the existing ones and we will work hard to create a festival feeling with a huge main marquee (even bigger than in 2018) plus several smaller ones clustered around this to form an L-shaped sheltered sun trap, with craft, massage, catering and shops areas. Everyone is encouraged to sit and chat here creating a friendly village like atmosphere to encourage the community spirit and helping people, perhaps new to naturism, relax and make friends.
The main marquee will house a well stocked bar selling locally produced ales, cider and lager manned by Tim and his friendly professional team of helpers. Attached to this will be a smaller quieter 'lounge' area with free daily papers. Further along will be the catering marquee providing meals throughout the day. The 'pop-up stage' which saw its first outing in 2018 will be renamed 'The Garden Stage' and will be available for acoustic entertainers, show and tell, workshops, stories etc. (come prepared to share your talents with us and sign up for a slot on the appropriate sign-up sheet in the Information Tent). The Information, First Aid, Shop and Craft Tents all make a welcome return, as does the Quiet Tent situated at the opposite corner of the main Events Field. Sports equipment will be available as will a range of board games.
Nudefest 2018 is the biggest naturist festival in the country and Official Opening is from 1500hrs on Tuesday with a free cream tea and live music, giving everyone a chance to say hello to one another. The programme will be worked upon in the next few months but will roughly consist of runs, walks, craft sessions, yoga, painting, fishing contest, 5k/10k run, live music, outside visits, traditional discos along with the famous silent disco, clay pigeon shooting, archery, quizzes, fire walking and a host of other activities all designed to keep people entertained from 0830 till late in the evening. Last year we had over 85 different sessions.
To help people get the most out of the week we suggest a few items people may wish to bring along, a plate and cutlery to cut down on waste if using the catering facility, pedal cycle to get around on - the site is huge, fishing equipment for the fishing contest, a local beer for the Mi Beer sessions, any musical instrument you may wish to play, if you have a hobby or interest you could use the Garden Stage to showcase your talent or interest or perhaps you would just want to bring along the kettle and a deck chair..…
The entrance fee includes all the on site entertainment which costs £1,000’s - with the exception of the fire walking which we will be asking for a financial contribution towards and outside excursions (massage and beauty treatments will also be available on site - payment direct to the providers, please).
Electric - we suggest that people consider sharing electric points with friends but the main two camping fields Orchard and Greenfield are for people staying the whole week with Willow Field, available to take any number of people and short term stays, but is limited to 48 daytime electric points (daytime electric is switched on and off when the main marquee generator is switched on and off). An electric point for charging mobiles and the like will be available in the Information Tent for those without access to electric.
Where possible we will site people together with friends (please let us know who you would like to be sited near in the Comments box on the Booking Form).
To this will be added a liberal sprinkling of Mi Beer sessions, Craft, more exercise options, games, discos (including the silent version), (probably) photography workshop(s) and as many other activities as we can squeeze into a week! See also Nigel's photos in the Nudefest 2019 thread here: https://www.bn.org.uk/forums/topic/19328-nudefest-2019/
- Monday 8th: Clothes off at 5pm. Probably story-telling and songs around a campfire. Limited bar.
- Tuesday 9th: Morning - meet the press (or avoid the area near the Main Marquee if you prefer not to); Afternoon - themed welcome party (yet to be decided), maybe a craft session. Official Opening. Evening - Entertainment in Main Marquee (not yet booked) and full bar.
- Wednesday 10th: Morning - Run around the site, yoga, Meet & Greet (free Tea!). Afternoon - Sniper School, Clay Pigeon shooting, visit to a Steam Railway. Evening entertainment in the Main Marquee (not yet booked).
- Thursday 11th: Morning - Run around site, yoga, visit to the Cider Brandy Farm. Evening - Entertainment in the Main Marquee (we're thinking along the lines of The Wurzels but younger - to be confirmed) and (weather permitting!) Firewalking.
- Friday 12th: Morning - Run around the site, yoga. Evening Entertainment will be (it's booked!) Queen II (click here for promotional video) and disco.
- Saturday 13th: Morning - Run around site, yoga, 5/10K Run (open to all, including Day Visitors). Afternoon - Clay Pigeon shooting. Early Evening swim at the Street pool. Evening Entertainment - Diamondogz glam rock covers band (see here for video) possibly with another act prior to this and disco after.
- Sunday 14th: Morning - Run around the site, yoga, (probably non-denominational worship). Afternoon - Morris Dancers, Dog Show, (possibly) Pub Games challenge. Evening - Prize Giving & Closing Address, Entertainment (band yet to be booked).
- Monday 15th: Pack up and go home
- [Tuesday - Wednesday we recommend you catch up on some sleep!]
Booking now open...