It is a fact that Naturism appeals more intuitively to men than women, though women in Naturism are possibly more passionate about it and report a greater life-changing experience. Many women also state that they were introduced to Naturism by a husband or boyfriend and were hesitant, but now can't imagine life without it and believe it to be good for them and their children. It also seems to be true – for whatever reason – that women promoting Naturism is more credible.
BN membership is roughly 60/40 in favour of men and we’d like to see it more balanced and to help more women to discover the benefits of a naked lifestyle. It would be good to see more single girls around and definitely to welcome the currently-reluctant partners that we know so many of our men have. There is lots of help and advice on how everyone can get involved and we’ll be making a big splash in the media, especially targeting women’s magazines and radio/TV shows. Whilst we will be ‘selling’ Naturism (of course!), the emphasis will be on how everyone benefits from social nudity.
Again we’ll again be encouraging women of all ages to get involved, and will pay specific attention to mums with school-age children. Children brought up in Naturism are more likely to stay on into later life and those from families where nudity is a regular occurrence in the home feel more disposed to social nudity or at least less prejudiced. In this way, we begin to ‘recruit’ the next generation. We are also helping those male Naturists who have a hesitant girlfriend, partner, fiancé or wife at home to inspire her to see what it's all about - and realise what she's missing!
How we will go about it
• ‘Tell your Story’ – women talking to women is best and we want Naturist ladies to to write about how they came into Naturism and what they get from it. You can read a few of them here https://www.bn.org.uk/news/news/tell-your-story-r333. We want more! Please send in your 200 words to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll publish the best through the year and use them in our promotions and publicity. You can ask for your name not to be revealed.
• We want clubs and swims to start a ‘buddy’ scheme so that newcomers have a named person to contact and perhaps meet in advance of their first Naturist experience.
• When the media start knocking on the door, they will be asking for Naturist women to appear on TV, speak on the radio and be interviewed for magazines, newspapers and websites. Could that be you? Plenty of training will be given. Please get in touch.
• Bring a friend – I know from conversations with many ladies on my travels that they all have girl friends who they know would benefit from Naturism but never get round to inviting them to an event. Make this the year you do!
Our 'Wish you were Here! invitation postcard is available from the BN Shop. Thanks to www.invictasunclub.co.uk for the great picture on the front. You can also download a version that you can complete on screen, save and then email to your invitees.
I’m not really single, honest!
The second part of our Women in Naturism feature is a kind of crib sheet for all those guys we regularly see at events, in clubs and on the forum who have a wife / partner / girlfriend / fiancée who finds it a challenge to share their interest in Naturism – or perhaps just needs a little persuasion. Perhaps some of you have a lady you’d like in your life but are nervous about bringing up the Naturist subject for fear of putting her off… Enough of the preamble – if you are in that situation, you know the issues…
You’ve probably thought of all this, but…
• Make sure she knows that stripping off on the first occasion is not required. Clubs will let newcomers settle in, attune to the surroundings and get comfortable. In fact, it’s quite common at big events for some men to be accompanied by their clothed wives who join in everything except the nudity… they love the atmosphere and the people – and spending time with their man.
• Some swim clubs run swimsuit sessions where the uninitiated are encouraged to come and find out more without having to join in.
• Take her to a clothes-optional event, perhaps in an attractive garden that makes for a good day out.
• Tell her that at none of the BN events is anyone forced to undress.
• Try a Naturist Meet and Greet group, often held in a pub where she can get to know people in a clothed environment.
• If you are a club member, ask one of the existing female members if she would be a ‘buddy’ for her, talk to her in advance and be available on her first visit.
• Make her aware that it’s not about ‘body beautiful’, Naturists come in all shapes and sizes but we all feel good with our clothes off.
• …and don’t give up hope. There are plenty of stories of ladies finally deciding to give it a go – and having a great time.
• Finally – get her to read this and follow the links below!
Follow these links...
We’ve gathered useful links that cover a lot of different ground but add up to a picture of what we’re all about. You will find them on the BN website at https://www.bn.org.uk/news/information/magazine/bn207-not-really-single-r375. They include inspiring articles by BN columnist Roni Fine, a stunning video of a woman skinny dipping, a TV clip from Nudefest, women’s own stories of how they found and what they get from Naturism, and articles from the mainstream media about how healthy and unexpectedly wonderful nudity – and especially social nudity – is.
For events arranged in your region please see ; https://www.bn.org.uk/news/news/women-in-naturism-events-near-you-r380