Updated 6th April - 8.30am
As you will be very aware the impact of COVID-19 on events has been well reported.
We currently have dialogues in place with all our suppliers and venues and will review the situation ongoing.
Our principal concern is for the welfare of our members, visitors and staff. We are closely monitoring the advice of WHO, PHE and Local Government in relation to Coronavirus and its impact on events and business.
We will continue to monitor the situation and report any changes to the published schedule or any changes to operation procedure as and when required.
This web page will be the central source for all CV-19 updates
There is a lot of fake news and opinion out there - we must act on official advice - cancelling events can prove a substantial financial risk to any organisation, not following the correct information and timings often can mean that insurances will not pay out etc. Please be assured that the decisions we make are in the best interests of members and most importantly their health and welfare.
For the latest advice and information please use the following link:
EVENT STATUS UPDATE
All events are now subject to a rolling assessment – meaning that all events in March, April & May are now postponed or cancelled as set out below. We will review future events in the light of circumstances as time passes.
This assessment will be reviewed weekly by the EC and Events team and will be updated here.
MARCH – all events postponed
- Amsterdam - Postponed till September - All attendees notified, rescheduled or refunded.
- Naked Bowling - March 26th - Postponed - All attendees transferred to new date of July 23rd, or full refund, will be offered.
- YEM Regional meeting - 29th March – Postponed – new date TBC
APRIL – all events postponed
- SW AGM - 4th April – Postponed – new date TBC
- Waterworld – Postponed to September 26th – All attendees transferred to new date of September 26th, or full refund, will be offered.
- BN Swimming Gala – There will be no UK domestic swimming gala in 2020
- SW Family Meet-up – Postponed – new date TBC
MAY – all events postponed
- The Gathering – Postponed - 11th to 17th September 2020 – please wait to be contacted by the hotel as your contract is with the hotel. We will be advising guests shortly of any other procedures required. Please direct any short term questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ladies Day (SW) – Postponed new date TBC
- National Petanque – Postponed new date TBC
- Freedom – Postponed till 2021 – Automatic refunds have been issued
- Nudestock – Postponed till 2021 - Automatic refunds have been issued
- Eastern Family Meet-up – Postponed – new date TBC
- Naked Dining (Eastern) – Coffee House – Cancelled – Automatic refunds have been issued
- LASER AGM - Postponed
- Canal Boat Trip (NW) – Cancelled – Automatic refunds have been issued
- Updating soon
Now Rescheduled to the 7th - 14th September - please check your email for info if you have booked - further info at www.nudefest.co.uk
REFUNDS & REBOOKS
Please wait to be contacted by BN Events - this may take up to 21 days.
If it says an automatic refund or move of date, then please wait to be emailed to select your options - Our events team are working through over 1000 bookings and are unable to work effectively if they are to answer every email individually. At this time we are unable to reply directly to every request. Thanks for your understanding.
Is my event going ahead?
Many events are unfortunately going to be postponed or cancelled – below are details on the current status of each event. We now have a process in place to review all events on an ongoing basis. We will update this every Tuesday or more frequently as and when required.
What about any monies paid if an event is cancelled?
As and when an event is postponed or cancelled, we will update those who have booked with relevant information and this web page.
In many instances events will be postponed, rather than cancelled outright and those who have booked will be given first refusal to take a place on the new scheduled date.
For events booked directly with British Naturism, we broadly expect to refund any monies paid in full, see details on individual events below.
Can I still book?
Yes, and we encourage you to do so. Any deposits or balances are safe. We firmly believe that life must go on and that this is hopefully only a bump in the road. Due to fewer events in Spring we are expecting that Summer and Autumn may get even more popular.
I’ve booked a BN Members Group Holiday…
Please call Donna and the team at Chalfont Holidays direct on 01753 740176; they will advise you on the status of your holiday.
Can we visit our local Club or Swim?
Please check the latest government advice regarding the status of CV-19 and social distancing. Your club may also be issuing their own instructions too. Always check before you travel.
Are any other BN services affected?
The BN Head Office remains open and will continue to do so unless government advice changes. The only impact predicted at the present time is perhaps a longer wait for a membership card or customer service query.
When will this all end?
It's really hard to say when normality will return but like everyone else we will continue to monitor and assess the situation as it unfolds. We can only base our opinions on fact and government advice. It goes without saying that we will always act in our members interests.