How do the Live Online Courses work?
The live online courses will work in a very similar way to the 'in person' courses you may have attended with me, in that you will be able to see me and any introductions, presentations and demonstrations I offer, and I will be able to see and guide you, offering any tips and corrections.
My teaching, as many of you know is primarily given through verbal instruction so you can focus on your own practice, although as usual I will be offering demonstrations when needed.
The platform we will be using is Zoom. This is very easy to use, and you don't need a very high capacity internet connection to participate. (I'll tell you how you can check if yours is ok in a moment...).
Once your booking is confirmed, a few days before the course, you will receive an invite from me, which will contain a private link and a password to access the 'meeting'. If you haven't used Zoom already, once you click on the link there will be a prompt to download and run Zoom which will take about a minute, you will only need to do that the first time before entering the meeting.
The access to the class courses will be strictly limited to those who have joined and places on the course, as usual, will be strictly limited, so there won't be too many people for me to watch and guide well.
I will be leaving the choice as to whether to be naked or not, to each participant to decide individually. This is the opportunity for you to practice yoga naked in a secure respectful online group, and most people will be mainly focussing on their own practice, but I do understand that some people may feel different with it being an online class than in a physical group so that decision is completely your own.
I as the teacher will have my screen equally divided between all participants, in 'gallery view' so I can see all participants equally and give guidance and tips while teaching. As attendees you will be able to 'pin' my image to have my image as your full screen while you are doing the class.
I will open the meeting 15 minutes before the class is due to begin, to give time for people to arrive, relax and settle, say hello if they want, and to make sure their mat/computer etc is in the right place, although you are also very welcome just to relax, lie down and meditation in preparation for the class. I will also hang around afterwards for around 10 minutes if any one wants to chat or ask questions, but you are equally free to just leave and get on with your day.
For the class you will need;
- A yoga mat - if you're doing the practice on a hard floor I would suggest buying a fairly thick one, or two basic mats. On a carpet a less substantial mat is fine. You can buy them online in many places. www.yogamatters.com has a good selection - make sure it will arrive on time.
- A laptop or computer with a webcam (or a separate webcam you can attach), and Ipad is fine, even a smartphone, and also built in speakers, (or speakers you can attach)
- An average speed internet connection, zoom advises that for most computers the system requirements are; 800kbps/1.0Mbps (up/down) for high quality video. For gallery view and/or 720p HD video: 1.5Mbps/1.5Mbps (up/down) Receiving 1080p HD video requires 2.5mbps (up/down) Sending 1080p HD video requires 3.0 Mbps (up/down)
- You can check what your own speed internet very quickly and easily at the broadband speed check at; https://broadbandtest.which.co.uk/ if you'd like to make sure before you enrol.
- Enough space in your home to place your mat and your laptop/camera so that your mat is at the bottom of the screen and if you stand up you can see all of you and some space above your head.
The Level 2 Course Content
The Level 2 Course, is generally suitable for people who have completed the Foundation Course, or have fairly good experience of the Dynamic Yoga Method as taught by Godfrey Devereux, or alternatively substantial experience of another good yoga practice and meditation, and good body awareness. If in doubt if the course is suitable for you, just send me an email to ask.
To read more in detail about the course content and the nature of the
yoga please check out our website http://www.nakedyogalondon.co.uk/classes/
The cost for the 4 week Foundation course is £75.
It also may be possible occasionally to book for experienced people 1,2 or 3 of the classes at a rate of £29 per class subject to availability. Priority is given to those who want to attend the full course.
Booking is made in advance (as the course is likely to fill up) and your place is confirmed upon payment, which is usually made by bank transfer. Alternate advance payment methods can be discussed if a transfer is difficult for you for any reason.
In case of cancellation full course cost may be refunded less £10 up until 2 days before the course is due to commence, after this date no refund nor transfer is available.
In case absence, an audio recording of the specific class may be provided if advance notice is given, which would include the complete audio sound track for you to do the class in your own time, and preferably by the following week.
Please feel welcome to be in touch if you have any questions not covered by the above information, or on the website, or if you would like to book. The best way to contact or book is via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
By booking you agree to all of the above terms and conditions.
Looking forward to hearing from you and hopefully to seeing you soon.