Women in Naturism Current Campaign
Women in Naturism is an ongoing initiative to try and attract more women into Naturism and to help build body confidence.
Why are we doing it?
More men attend events, visit beaches and Naturist holiday resorts, making it appear that Naturism appeals more to men than women, however this is not necessarily the case. Naturism may appeal to a similar number of women but for their own reasons they are reluctant to embrace the lifestyle. The aim of this campaign is to find those reasons and answer the concerns.
The women who do try Naturism are often more passionate about and it appears that it changes their lives more deeply than their male counterparts. Many women also say that they were introduced to Naturism by a husband or boyfriend and were hesitant, but now can’t imagine life without it and believe it to be good for them and the entire family.
One of these concerns may be the huge pressure which modern society and the media place on women to look like a supermodel - and let’s be honest pressure that some of us put on ourselves. By encouraging more women to try social Naturism we hope to help them to be happier and more confident about their bodies and hopefully to join BN! You can read about the fundamentals of Naturism here.
What do we hope to achieve?
Helping more women to discover the life-affirming, exhilarating feelings of social nudity - and great community and social life that accompanies them.
Creating a network of Naturist women who can keep the profile of Naturism high in the media, be advocates amongst women’s groups, organise and host events, be a contact point for newcomers, and more.
Improving awareness of the negative effects of societal pressure on women to conform to a particular type of body shape and appearance.
Helping the men in Naturism to show the benefits to the women in their life.
Providing mutual support to help women be happier and more confident about their bodies.How can you help?
Women talking to women is best. If you are already a Woman in Naturism please consider getting in touch (email@example.com) and becoming part of the network.
We’d also love to hear your story - please think about writing it down and sending it in.
Next time you go to a Naturist gathering, take a friend!
Take A Friend
What Naturist events, gatherings and activities are you looking forward to this year? Every one of them presents a great opportunity to introduce a friend. It’s easy to assume that no-one you know would be interested, but you don’t know until you ask! My experience and that of many people I talk to is how surprised they were by how many of their social circle were up for it. So, let’s get bold and take practical steps to make it happen. Think of someone - friend, a relative, a neighbour, a work-colleague - that you could suggest taking along - an afternoon at your club, an evening at a swim, a BN weekend event, a naked dining evening or any one of the many events and activities there are for super social nudity these days. Don’t forget that the Great British Skinny Dip is now a year-long event - plenty of opportunities around the country to get newcomers involved.
Why not think of hosting a small gathering yourself - if you have the facilities to invite a couple of seasoned Naturists who could then bring a friend with them, sometimes the smaller groups are less daunting to first-timers.
The Women in Naturism flyers are available free of charge from the online shop - please order some and take them to events and swims - continue spreading the word!
Guys! We’re not excluding you! In fact, male or female, it doesn’t matter…let’s all think of the person we’re going to take along - and change their life forever…
I’m not really single, honest!
Here’s a kind of crib sheet for all those guys we regularly see at events, in clubs and on the forum who have a wife/partner/girlfriend/fiancée who finds it a challenge to share their interest in Naturism - or perhaps just needs a little persuasion. Perhaps some of you have a woman you’d like in your life but are nervous about bringing up the Naturist subject for fear of putting her off…if you are in that situation, you know the issues.
You’ve probably thought of all this, but…
- Make sure she knows that stripping off on the first occasion is not required. Clubs will let newcomers settle in, attune to the surroundings and get comfortable. In fact, it’s quite common at big events for some men to be accompanied by their clothed wives who join in everything except the nudity - they love the atmosphere and the people and spending time with their man.
- Some swim clubs run swimsuit sessions where the uninitiated are encouraged to come and find out more without having to join in.
- Take her to a clothes-optional event, perhaps in an attractive garden that makes for a good day out.
- Tell her that at none of the BN events is anyone forced to undress.
- Try a Naturist Meet & Greet group, often held in a pub where she can get to know people in a clothed environment.
- If you are a club member, ask one of the existing female members if she would be a ‘buddy’ for her, talk to her in advance and be available on her first visit.
- Make her aware that it’s not about ‘body beautiful’, Naturists come in all shapes and sizes but we all feel good with our clothes off.
- …and don’t give up hope. There are plenty of stories of women finally deciding to give it a go - and having a great time.
- Finally, encourage her to read this page and follow the links online.