Women in Naturism Current Campaign
Women in Naturism is an ongoing initiative to try and attract more women into Naturism and to help build body confidence.
Why are we doing it?
It is a fact that Naturism appeals more intuitively to men than women, though women in Naturism are possibly more passionate about it and report a greater life-changing experience. Many women also state that they were introduced to Naturism by a husband or boyfriend and were hesitant, but now can’t imagine life without it and believe it to be good for them and their children.
In part this is because of the huge pressure which modern society and the media place on women to look attractive - and let’s be honest pressure that some women place on themselves. By encouraging more women to try social nudity and Naturism we hope to help them to be happier and more confident about their bodies and hopefully to join BN! You can read about the fundamentals of Naturism here.
Take a look at our current Women in Naturism Campaign information.
What do we hope to achieve?
Helping more women to discover the life-affirming, exhilarating feelings of social nudity - and great community and social life that accompanies them.
Creating a network of Naturist women who can keep the profile of Naturism high in the media, be advocates amongst women’s groups, organise and host events, be a contact point for newcomers, and more.
Improving awareness of the negative effects of societal pressure on women to conform to a particular type of body shape and appearance.
Helping the men in Naturism to show the benefits to the women in their life.
Providing mutual support to help women be happier and more confident about their bodies.
How can you help?
Women talking to women is best. If you are already a Woman in Naturism please consider getting in touch (firstname.lastname@example.org) and becoming part of the network.
We’d also love to hear your story - please think about writing it down and sending it in. Here’s some that already have:-
Ladies, come on in - Naturism will change your life! (Article by Pam Neate)
Next time you go to a Naturist gathering, take a friend!
I’m not really single, honest!
Here’s a kind of crib sheet for all the those guys we regularly see at events, in clubs and on the forum who have a wife / partner / girlfriend / fiancée who finds it a challenge to share their interest in Naturism - or perhaps just needs a little persuasion. perhaps some of you have a woman you’d like in your life but are nervous about bringing up the Naturist subject for fear of putting her off…if you are in that situation, you know the issues.
You’ve probably thought of all this, but…
- Make sure she knows that stripping off on the first occasion is not required. Clubs will let newcomers settle in, attune to the surroundings and get comfortable. In fact, it’s quite common at big events for some men to be accompanied by their clothed wives who join in everything except the nudity - they love the atmosphere and the people and spending time with their man.
- Some swim clubs run swimsuit sessions where the uninitiated are encouraged to come and find out more without having to join in.
- Take her to a clothes-optional event, perhaps in an attractive garden that makes for a good day out.
- Tell her that at none of the BN events is anyone forced to undress.
- Try a Naturist Meet & Greet group, often held in a pub where she can get to know people in a clothed environment.
- If you are a club member, ask one of the existing female members if she would be a ‘buddy’ for her, talk to her in advance and be available on her first visit.
- Make her aware that it’s not about ‘body beautiful’, Naturists come in all shapes and sizes but we all feel good with our clothes off.
- …and don’t give up hope. There are plenty of stories of women finally deciding to give it a go - and having a great time.
- Finally, encourage her to read this page and follow the links online.