NW Rep's page
Team BN North West Invites You…
With the Season now fully underway, the North West membership and guests have a shed load of events to look forward to in our region. With a record number of GBSD events unfolding to compliment our regular Swims and Sports Days, we are now able to announce a new event - the NW Naked Heart Walk. Hopefully this will raise much needed funds for our partner charity, the British Heart Foundation.
Before that, we have the annual Morfa Dyffryn Beach Day scheduled for the 25th June and I have the pleasure of leading it this year, look for the BN Banner! So it would be a great opportunity to connect this with fundraising for BHF and it is now possible to download fundraising packs from the new GBSD website. www.greatbritishskinnydip.co.uk A mass skinny dip photoshoot will be at 2pm.
Our very own Naked Heart Walk will take place on the 20th July at Adlington Gardens, Macclesfield 2-8pm, where we can walk the 2k course clothes free and discover the Maze as an optional extra naked walk - again we intend to raise more funds for BHF at this event.
The Cross Morecambe Bay walk has been shelved this year because of the 150% increase in hire fees that has been asked for, but we hope Adlington will be a sell out as the limit is just 100 fundraisers. Tickets soon on sale at the BN Shop.
Of course we have the other usual events – A visit to Dorothy Clive Gardens, Beach Days at St Annes, Naked Walking, a Canal Boat Cruise with Fish and Chips at Norbury. four GBSD events at Shap Lido - visit the BN NW Calendar for details.
Ron O’Hare (North West Regional Coordinator)
Objectives of the North West Regional Coordinator - 2022
- Repeat successful events from previous years wherever practical and affordable – (Morecambe Bay are asking for 150% more in 2022).
- Assist with organising a NW Naked Heart Walk.
- Repeat the Great British Synchronised Skinny Dip Fundraiser day - already set for July 16th 2022.
- Offer venues the chance to repeat last year’s successful events by running the events themselves, thus making these ongoing monthly or annual events including GBSD events (as already achieved at Wigton and Shap Lido).
- Continue to support the regional club events already established, such as Miniten at Liverpool, Bowls at Manchester and the Petanque event at Lancashire Sun
- Seek out and create new GBSD venues to build on the existing ones.
- Communicate with National campaigns volunteers.
- Create more cross border communications with other regional coordinators.
- Create and attend more Naked Dining events.
- Encouraging more clubs to hold ‘Open Days.
- Support and promote NW swims.
- Create a regular emailed NW Newsletter and continue to update NW News online.
- Collaborate with the N&W Outreach group to increase event and attendance numbers.
- Providing details of GBSD events for the GBSD website.